Setting up a business – sounds easier than it actually is. For you, too?
Startups here, founders there, sometimes a female founder – funding programs here, incubators and accelerators there. It seems so simple. But somehow the devil is in the details, or rather, in the system. Variety and diversity are missing.
You have already experienced resistance and rejection due to the restrictions of the system? You do not have access to the “right” networks? Are your general conditions unfavourable to starting an own business or – as we say – “startup-averse”?
Your start-up is in danger because of special, individual circumstances?
If you are already thinking, oops, that’s exactly how it is for me, then Ventreneurs GmbH’s offer could be the solution for you!
Our offer in brief:
- Start-up coaching, network access, information and training.
- Financing before foundation of your business in the form of an intrapreneurship model
- Access to financing
- Individual interim management services (C-tandem)
Ventreneurs GmbH sees itself as a blended value incubator and we enable solutions for the situations mentioned. Our vision: Founding for all. In other words: Freedom of decision for all, if and how they want to realize their own business idea. Whether are employed or found your start-up, that is your decision!
Diversity and inclusion
We understand “startup-averse conditions” as legal and social circumstances that restrict people. People are restricted because they do not fit the widely publicized, stereotypical image of startup founders who lack crucial networks and therefore usually do not have access to capital. It’s about you, people who have an idea and know best why they don’t start up.
You recognize yourselves here? Then we are looking for exactly YOU!
- You are still in the pre-seed startup phase, i.e. an idea is available
- Your business model has an innovative character in the areas of IT, digitalization, social media or technology
- The planned investment costs for the startup are initially low
- There is a restricting reason why you are not starting your own company
Write us your idea (email@example.com), who you are and what drives you! We know you are individual and special. We want to get to know you!
We do not require a classic pitch deck. Just informally write us everything that is important so that we can get to know you and your idea. We are also interested in why you are not able to found a company at the moment. Together we will develop the right solution and strategy for you.
Now, who is actually “WE”?
First of all, a preliminary remark:
We consider ourselves a startup. We have years of experience in different areas from funding instruments to startup systems and are still learning new things every day. Our mission is, in particular, to understand as well as challenge the startup-averse frameworks in various contexts. Creating solutions to fix these systemic frameworks is our goal. Like any other startup we will still go through many learning curves and the one or other pivot is not excluded. That’s why we are always grateful for your feedback.
But, what we definitely know is that not everyone can start a company right now. With Ventreneurs, you can.
Now to the “WE”
We – Julia (she/her) and Verena (she/her) – founded Ventreneurs as a startup. Our frameworks were only very slightly foundation-averse. We pass this advantage on to you through Ventreneurs.
Are we two alone? Yes and no. We will not accompany you alone as of course we cannot know everything and also our system-oriented perspective is inevitably limited. We are already working on building up and establishing a diverse mentor network. For later investment decisions, we will establish an equally diverse advisory board.
Non-Charity but raising money!
Great that you are interested in the vision and the offers of Ventreneurs GmbH! Your first step for joint activities, because currently
at least € 33,000,000
of untapped venture capital potential exist.
We are going to change THAT!
By “overlooking” people, the venture capital market is currently missing out on a potential of €33,000,000,000. First approaches to solve this: Distribute capital flows with existing structures (funds) and traditional processes (capital for shares) according to certain criteria (gender, nationality, etc.). Does this mean a paradigm shift? No!
Paradigm shift? That’s our task!
For two years, we have been working on the question: why don’t people start up their own business? The answer: because the system prevents them from going ahead. “Founding for all” is a nice thought, but it doesn’t exist in reality. So what do we need? System hacks.
Our system hack? VENTRENEURS.
The vision: freedom of choice for each individual without the discriminating influence of the system. Our first focus: people in foundation-averse framework conditions. Framework conditions that do not correspond to the stereotypical image of a startup founder. In other words, all of those who are attributed with lacking courage and drive, having too much need for security and are allegedly not cut out for being founders.
Not cut out for founding a business?
We see it differently. That’s what we need you for.
We are not committed to a specific form of support. We appeal to your creativity, curiosity and courage to investment and sponsoring. Because, as you will see, our business model is still expandable and can also integrate the requirements of non-profit issues.
Our investment thesis
Ventreneurs GmbH initially supports pre-seed startup models with an innovative character in the areas of IT, digitalization, social media and technology with low investment costs. The work of Ventreneurs GmbH focuses on the following target groups.
- immigrants and people with refugee experience from EU and non-EU countries,
- people threatened by unemployment,
- (long-term) unemployed,
- women in difficult life situations who want to start a business,
- people with disabilities affected by a lack of inclusion in the labor market
- people with chronic and/or acute illness
- and many more.
A more detailed list can be found, for example, at Charta der Vielfalt.
In the sense of impact orientation, Ventreneurs GmbH increases the number of sustainably successful startups by diverse founding teams through its work by supporting, accompanying and financing their preparation and market entry. It thus improves the chances of a self-confident, self-determined and economically viable (working) life for this group of people.
Ventreneurs GmbH raises the untapped potential of these groups and sustainably introduces them to the economy. To achieve this goal, Ventreneurs GmbH involves the private sector in its activities at a very early stage to finance the project.
Initial successful spin-offs will create a spill-over effect for similar activities and their social and economic added value into the private sector. The future-oriented model “Ventreneurship” is a role model for an expansion of the startup and foundation concepts as well as the appreciation of individual foundation paths.
An explicitly intended side effect of Ventreneurs GmbH’s activities is to relieve the public sector of the burden of financing integration, reintegration and inclusion measures.
It also helps to further reduce the existing funding gap in Germany for the pre-seed and seed phases.
Our Mission, Vision & Values!
The work of Ventreneurs GmbH is guided by the following guidelines:
- We stand for the values “freedom”, “security” and “blended value”.
- We support “overlooked” founders who, according to certain characteristics, are prevented from developing their potential because they find themselves in founding-averse life situations.
- Ventreneurs GmbH attaches importance to a balanced quota of women for its target groups.
- Ventreneurs GmbH contributes to the social, economic and societal integration and inclusion of the special target groups.
- The focus of Ventreneurs is on identifying and supporting people with digital-sustainable startup ideas.
- The GmbH pursues economic purposes but is committed to applying ESG criteria (“Environment, Social, Governance”) and to publicly report the fulfillment of these.
- The profits generated by Ventreneurs GmbH are essentially used for the company’s purposes.
Ventreneurs’ mission is for everyone to be able to decide how they want to “work” and be valued without distinction. We believe this mission can best be achieved by accomplishing the following three conditions:
- Greater equity in the labor market
- Diversifying the startup experience in terms of social status, ethnicity, gender, and origin
- Dissolving barriers to access to the startup scene (lack of equity as well as a need for security in terms of social protection)
Our vision is that all people are free to make their own choices. The maximum degree of freedom can only be achieved if the social, economic and political framework conditions make it possible. This results in a fundamental freedom credo:
All are free.
All people are free.
All people are free to make their decision.
All people are free to make their decision on how they want to “work”.
All people are free to make their decision how they want to “work” – employed, founded, volunteering or self-employed.
To fulfill this vision and mission, Ventreneurs’ actions are guided by the following values:
- Eye level – always communicate at eye level with your opponent
- Understanding – always try to put yourself in the situation of your counterpart
- Respect for differences – we want diversity and multiple changes of perspective
- Viewing without bias others as a “non-knowing” – Appreciate idiosyncrasies
- Safety – In order for Ventrenees to be free, they need a sense of security
- Blended Value
With its business model, Ventreneurs GmbH contributes to the implementation of the United Nations Social Development Goals:
SDG 5 – Gender Equality (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls).
SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth (Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all)
SDG 9 – Industry, innovation and infrastructure (Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and support innovation), specifically sub-goals 9.1, 9.4, 9.5
SDG 10 – Reduce inequalities (Reduce inequalities within and between states), specifically sub-goals 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.7
SDG 17 – Partnerships and achievement of goals (strengthen means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development), especially 17.16 and 17.17